It's the most wonderful time of year! Year-end. As you process payroll during this time, be sure to keep these dates and deadlines for the W2 and 1099 Tax Forms in mind:
- This is the last day to process a direct deposit payroll with a 12/31/2021 pay date to be included on 2021 W-2.
- This is the last day to process a manual or off-cycle payroll (with direct deposit turned off) with a 12/31/2021 pay date to be included on 2021 W-2.
- Employers who process a manual or off-cycle payroll will be required to write checks to pay their employees.
- Forms W-2 / 1099-NEC for 2021 will be available for review in Wagepoint.
- 2021 W-2 adjustments will need to be completed by 8 pm ET.
- This is the last day to change auto-submit setting for year-end forms.
- If applicable, email notifications will be sent outlining outstanding taxes owed and confirming that it will be drafted from your company bank account.
If applicable, Wagepoint will draft your company bank account for any outstanding taxes owed.
Week of January 24, 2022
- The following documents will be made available in PDF format in the Reports tab in Wagepoint:
- QE4 Report (includes Form 941)
- Form W-2 for 2021
- Form 1099-NEC for 2021
- Employees can access their individual W-2s / 1099s through the online portal (the same place they view their pay stubs.)
- If you have active or terminated employees who don’t have access to their Wagepoint employee accounts online, you'll need to print and physically mail or hand out their W-2 / 1099.
February 1, 2022 onward
- If applicable, you can request amendments for any year-end reports that have been electronically submitted.
- For W-2s, W-3s and 1099s — it will cost $10 per form.
- For Forms 941, 940 or state forms — it will cost $99 plus applicable professional fees.
We're here to help.
The best way to reach us is by submitting a ticket from within Wagepoint. You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to learn more?
- A Closer Look At The Amounts On The W2 And 1099 Tax Forms
- Don't Be Haunted By Payroll Errors This Year-End
- Helpful Resources For US Year-End
- How To Guarantee A Smooth Payroll Year-End In 8 Easy Steps
- Important US Payroll Dates For The Holidays
- Set Up Your US Payroll Correctly For 2022
- The 2021 Year-End Checklist For US Small Businesses
- Wire Transfer Requirements For Large Payrolls In The US
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Mel Ly