Although Wagepoint is based in North America, Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO, ascribes to collectivist beliefs — even when it comes to business. To him, business is centred around the community, not the individual. This includes the company itself, their employees, their partners — bookkeepers and accountants — and the small business customers that they serve.
Shrad sat down with the CanadianSME Small Business Podcast team to discuss leadership styles, entrepreneurship, resiliency and fundamental principles one can adapt to keep a collectivist vision in trying times.
“Oftentimes, hierarchy is conflated with the idea that someone is more important than the other. The roles in a company may have relative importance, but human beings are not subject to this. Everyone is equally important.”
— Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO
What you'll learn in this podcast:
- The positive implications of psychological safety for your employees and your small business.
- How small business owners can embrace change quicker.
- Different ways to maximize efficiencies within your business — and we're not just talking about tools and processes!
In the mood for some binge-listening? Check out some of our other poddy features:
- What She Said! — Leena Thampan, Wagepoint's CPO on "Shattering Glass Ceilings"
- Fintech Impact — Wagepoint with Shrad Rao
- Let's Grab Coffee — Shrad Rao On "Building The Kind of Company I've Always Wanted To Work At"
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Mel Ly