On the Western side of the world, we're taught to have an individualistic mindset — "How can I maximize my happiness?" People in the East are taught to have a collective mindset — "How can we maximize our happiness?" This change in perspective is slight. But, makes all the difference, especially when you are building culture remotely.
Wagepoint CEO, Shrad Rao recently sat down with George Khalife, the host of Let's Grab Coffee Podcast, to provide valuable insights on the difference between Western and Eastern philosophy and how it influences business strategy and management style.
"A company is just a community — it's a group of people with a shared purpose."
— Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO
What you'll learn in this podcast:
- Collectivist vs. individualistic beliefs — what they mean and how whichever one you ascribe to can impact your bottom line.
- Culture-building — how setting parameters is just as important as letting people be their authentic selves.
- The entrepreneurial journey — dealing with setbacks, getting that first customer and more.
In the mood for some binge-listening? Check out our other poddy features:
- Float or Founder — Shrad Rao on Building a Remote Culture
- Smart Man, Smarter Woman Podcast — How To Build the Business You Want to Work At
- The Business Leadership Podcast — Shrad Rao: Payroll Software Leader
- Canada's Podcast — Building Business in Tough Times Like the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Successful Bookkeeper — Why You Need to Adapt to Scale Your Business
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Mel Ly